COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (CIP) OVERVIEW
Each year, Junior League of Los Angeles will select capital improvement projects to be completed with our community partners. JLLA will provide a team of skilled volunteers to help complete the project in addition to funding support and in-kind services. The goal of the JLLA Community Improvement Project is to develop a partnership with the organization/facility and create a lasting impact with the partner and the population it serves. The committee will select a project, determine the scope and source of materials. Examples include library/classroom face lifts, playground improvements, planting a garden, etc.
TYPES OF PROJECTS:
Examples include library/classroom updates, playground improvements, planting a garden, patios and outdoor spaces etc.
Volunteer projects are generally scheduled over a weekend, between the months of September and April.
- The applicant organization must be a non-profit agency with 501(c)(3) status or have a fiscal sponsor.
- Projects should be located in Los Angeles County.
- Project must include a request for JLLA volunteers to use its own resources to determine the design and budget. A business work plan and timeline will be presented to the partner.
- While funding is available to assist with these projects, requests for only funds will NOT be accepted.
- The partner will furnish all licenses, insurance, permits, releases, and other incidental items necessary to perform and complete the Community Improvement Project in a professional manner and in full compliance with all applicable laws.
- Related funding may not be used for fundraising, capital campaigns, individual requests, travel expenses, salaries, stipends, political activities or religious purposes.
- Preference will be given to projects that focus on education and foster youth.
- JLLA requires that an agency staff person be onsite and available during the project.
- Co-Sponsor does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, ethnicity, income or sexual preference relative to the individuals supported.
- Prior to sending volunteers, the Junior League of Los Angeles requires a Certificate of Liability Insurance from the hosting organization.
- The partner will provide recognition to JLLA in it’s annual report, newsletters, press releases, events, board meetings, and other organizational publications including social media.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION BELOW IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A CIP:
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.